Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Reflecting on the webinar.

Ah, the webinar. The culmination of our semester. For me, it was a last chance to prove that our ideas actually meant something and were interesting to others.

Our turnout was great, and everyone had insightful ideas and questions (except for the trolls, which I think I will have to throw into Mount Doom). The only thing I wish was that I had been able to say more. The chat stream along with the video and the private vs. public messages, it got a little crazy and it was difficult to keep up! However, I felt like I was at least able to air out a couple of my ideas, which was gratifying, since I haven't had a ton of feedback social-proof wise throughout this semester. The most significant part about the questions that came up about my thesis was that I had to apply it. Usually, it feels like you're handing someone a plate of raw fish, which some people politely accept, and others sort of give you a funny look. But when people actually ask about your ideas and how they apply in the real world, it's like they take that plate, eat what's on it, and tell you what kind of spices you could have used to make it better. It's surprising, and it makes you rethink everything you put out there. (Sorry for the crazy analogy, I'm a little hungry).

All in all, I thought the webinar was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment